In recent years, the cannabis markets worldwide have started going crazy over the invention of feminized marijuana seeds. As this particularly new and innovative way of growing cannabis has taken over the cultivation scene by storm, the use of these has definitely changed the entire landscape of growing weed. Without having to worry about the presence of males in your gardens, feminized seeds really make for a much easier and stress-free growing experience!
But what other uses and advantages do feminized seeds hold over the classic regular seeds or the highly sought after autoflowering variants? Why is it considered to be the best and most famous type of cannabis seeds out there?
What Are Feminized Marijuana Seeds?
Every cannabis cultivator has probably heard of the risks and dangers that come with regular seeds. Once a male cannabis plant finds a way to pollinate all over your gardens, females will end up losing their potency levels. As a result, no more sinsemilla (seedless flowers for consumption) will come from your gardens. You will instead end up with seed-producing cannabis plants with little to no THC levels.
Feminized marijuana seeds are specifically developed to avoid this risk. These seeds, as the name suggests, are capable of producing all-female cannabis plants. Every plant that comes from feminized seeds will end up as females, given that they are developed properly. Through various natural processes, Seed developers eliminate the presence of male genetics and chromosomes in these seeds. Because they are still bred using pollination, feminized seeds are still primarily organic seeds (only with less male influence).
Importance of Female Cannabis Plants
As most of you may know from firsthand experience or reading through various writeups, marijuana buds from female plants are the primary product people smoke and use. With their high THC levels and seedless flowers, female plants are the main thing that most casual growers or even retail sellers look for.
While it is possible to get high from smoking the buds from male plants because of trichomes’ presence, they won’t contain nearly as much THC levels as females. As such, the weed that you buy from stores or the buds that you will usually run into generally come from female cannabis plants.
Why Should I Use Feminized Marijuana Seeds?
The fame and popularity of using feminized cannabis plants did not just come out of curiosity. They do come with immensely helpful and beneficial advantages to your gardens! Time and time again, we see that most growers worldwide actually choose to use feminized marijuana seeds more than any other type out there.
Here are some of the best advantages that you can get from using feminized marijuana seeds. After reading through these, it will be hard to resist trying out the new and improved way of cannabis growing!
- When they are bred and developed properly, feminized marijuana seeds can guarantee growers a batch of weed plants free of males. Because males tend to ruin your cannabis crop, they are generally avoided and often discarded. With feminized seeds, you won’t have to worry about these sneaky pests!
- This, in turn, will also mean that you get to relax a little during the cultivation process! Using feminized marijuana seeds rids you of the trouble of separating males and females. This makes it a slightly easier and more convenient way of operating your cannabis gardens. Beginners tend to lean more towards feminized seeds due to the ease of cultivation that comes with them.
- Because male plants will waste no space in your gardens, you growers can make full use of the growing area and maximize the number of seeds that you will plant. This als means that you will get the best value from the money you spend on purchasing feminized cannabis seeds.
- The cannabis plants that sprout from feminized seeds will also contain just as much THC as plants from regular seeds! The process of creating feminized seeds isn’t exactly a complicated science. It is still considered an organic method of growing that calls for very minimal interference with how these seeds work. As such, you will still end up with thick, resinous buds that can give you crazy highs and effects!
- Feminized cannabis plants are probably the best choice for clones as they make great mother plants. Because clones carry over all their parents’ characteristics and qualities, the resulting plants from clones will also end up feminized and free from pollination risks. This means that you can continue growing clones without any of your plants ending up as males!
- Lastly, feminized marijuana seeds are extremely accessible. Because the market demands have skyrocketed through the roof ever since their introductions, almost every cannabis store (both physical and online) will have a wide variety of feminized seeds. Also, almost every market strain comes in feminized versions, leaving no shortage of choices for growers.
Feminized marijuana seeds are always a great choice for any grower out there. Whether you want to have a more convenient grow or wish to try out something new, feminized seeds work just as great as everyone says they do!
You won’t have to worry about sacrificing any potency and THC contents with feminized seeds. They are basically regular seeds that do not come with the risks of sprouting male and hermaphrodite plants!