Last updated: March 25, 2022
The icon in the lower-left corner allows you to customize your privacy preferences when visiting our site. When you click on it you will be presented with options to set your cookie preferences on CannaList.
CannaList EU is committed to safeguarding your privacy.
Contact us at Patrick@cannalist.eu if you have any questions or problems regarding using your Personal Data, and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data do we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations performed on Personal Data or sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – CannaList EU
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to its purpose. Therefore, our Processing activities fit the purpose of personal data.
- Processing is done with minimal data. Therefore, we only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. Therefore, we will not store your data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed, what data is gathered, from where it is obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances, you can request your data be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing your Personal Data, for example, in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Data in a machine-readable format or, if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – if we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right to the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to remove any given consent for processing your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This might be your email address, name, billing address, home address, etc. This is mainly information necessary to deliver you a product/service or enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and email address.
Information is automatically collected about you.
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your I.P. address, shopping history (if any), etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data to:
- provide our service to you. This includes, for example, registering your account, providing you with other products and services that you have requested, providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you about those products and services, communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you with a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from our carefully selected partners and us);
- to administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering your products/services similar to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from our carefully selected partners and us);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data to fulfill obligations rising from the law and use your Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from the law, but not longer than is necessary to support your user experience.
We might process your Data for additional purposes not mentioned here but compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is, in some cases, provided to our trusted partners to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
NEWSLETTER – MailPoet newsletter & emails
If you have subscribed to our newsletter or if you are a member of our website (you can log in) or if you have purchased on our website, there is a good chance you will receive emails from us.
We will only send you emails that you have signed up to receive, or which pertain to the services we provided to you.
To send you emails, we use the name and email address you provide us. Our site also logs the IP address you used when you signed up for the service to prevent abuse of the system.
This website can send emails through the MailPoet sending service. This service allows us to track opens and clicks on our emails. We use this information to improve the content of our newsletters.
No identifiable information is otherwise tracked outside this website except for the email address.
Event, Venue, and Organizer Information
If you create, submit, import, save, or publish Event, Venue, or Organizer information, such information is retained in the local database:
- Venue information: name, address, city, country, state, postal code, phone, website, geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude)
- Organizer information: name, phone, website, email
- Event information: website, cost, description, date, time, image
Importing Events, Venues, and Organizers:
- All data present within a CSV or ICS file and external URLs (for events, venues, organizers, and tickets)
- Import origin data (URL from where events are being imported—such as Eventbrite, MeetUp, other compatible URL sources, and more, which can include similar or same data as listed above)
- Eventbrite Ticket information: name, description, cost, type, quantity
Please note that to create new events through the Community Events submission form, a user must hold a website account on this domain. This information is retained in the local database. It is also possible to create events anonymously if the site owner has this option enabled.
When purchasing Eventbrite Tickets, attendee, purchaser, and order information are stored and managed by Eventbrite.
We make use of certain APIs, in order to provide specific features.
These APIs may include the following third-party services: Google Maps (API key), Meetup (OAuth token), PayPal (email, Client ID, Client Secret), Eventbrite (API key, auth URL, Client Secret), and Zoom (email, Client ID, Client Secret).
Personal data is only collected if you provide this on its own (for example, when registering for our newsletter). Furthermore, no personal information is collected without your express consent.
As part of the registration of our newsletter, MailChimp collects your email address and any other optional data. We use this information solely to send you the newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time via the link provided at the bottom of each newsletter or notice to us. Your data is never made available to third parties (e.g., for marketing purposes) without your explicit prior consent, and you can revoke your consent at any time.
We point out that data communication over the internet (e.g., via email) may pose a chance of security breach. Complete security of your data from the access of third parties is therefore not possible.
USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” text files stored on your computer, and allows an analysis of the use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this site is usually sent to a server of Google in the U.S. and stored there.
In the case of activation of the I.P. anonymization on this Web site, the I.P. address of Google will be truncated within Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before. In exceptional cases, the full I.P. address is sent to a Google server in the USA and is shortened. On behalf of the operator of this site, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity, and provide other website and internet-related services to the site operator. Which is within the scope of Google Analytics that your browser sends I.P. address cannot be merged with other data held by Google.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; we point out, however, that in this case, not all the features of this site are in full use. You can also extend the coverage of the generated by the cookie and prevent your use of the site-related data (including your I.P. address) to Google and the processing of these data by Google by following the link below the available browser plugin Download and install. Given the debate about using analytical tools with complete I.P. addresses, we would like to point out that this website uses Google Analytics with the “_anonymizeIp ()” used. Therefore, I.P. addresses are processed only shortened to reduce anonymity.
GOOGLE ADWORDS TRACKING
This website uses Google AdWords conversion tracking, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google AdWords Conversion Tracking also uses “cookies” stored on your computer and allows an analysis of the use of the Website by you. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. Google will use this information to evaluate your website usage, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other website activity and internet-related services.
FACEBOOK LIKE BUTTON
The website uses social plugins Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (hereinafter “Facebook”). When you visit pages on www.dataconomy.com, that include a plugin that automatically transmits data about your visitors’ behavior on the server from Facebook. The Dataconomy Media GmbH does not influence the nature and extent of data collected and communicated to Facebook. If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook can assign you to visit your Facebook account. For more information about privacy on Facebook, visit http://www.facebook.com/policy.php. As the provider of the websites, we have received no knowledge of neither the content nor the use thereof through Facebook.
Our pages include the functionality of Twitter. Twitter Inc. offers these services, 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. Through the usage of Twitter and its “re-tweet” function, those websites will be linked to your Twitter account and shared with other users. This also entails forwarding data to Twitter.
You can modify your Twitter privacy settings within your account settings here:
We use a secure SSL (Secure Socket Layer) connection to protect the transmission of your data. This ensures that your data, including credit card details and contact information, is securely transmitted via the internet. In addition, the data is encrypted so that our payment system can only read it. From a symbol (sealed padlock) in your browser’s window bar, you will recognize that you are now in the secured area. If your P.C. cannot process SSL – which may happen in rare cases – you do not need to worry that your data will be transmitted without secure encryption. However, you will usually receive an error page drawing your attention to the problem in such cases. Then, you should, best of all, contact your provider.
We only work with Processing partners who can ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when legally obliged to do so. For example, we might disclose your Data to third parties if you have consented to it or on other legal grounds.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best, we can not guarantee information security. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you must keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. However, choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – These cookies are required for you to use some essential features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and provides more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and email in comment forms, so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – These cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
- Advertising cookies – These cookies are used to deliver advertisements relevant to you and your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website, which is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Data Protection Officer
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO):
Contact Name: M. Patrick Doherty
Telephone: +1 415-800-3035