- This event has passed.
EIHA Hemp Conference 2022
June 21 - June 22
EIHA Hemp Conference – The EIHA Hemp Conference is the biggest event on industrial hemp worldwide. A new record was set in 2019 with 415 participants from 49 countries. Brussels, Belgium; June 21-22, 2022
The EIHA Conference gathers hemp operators worldwide to discuss the latest advances in this multipurpose agricultural crop every year.
The hemp sector in Europe is experiencing a significant and rapid growth encouraged by the increasing interest of consumers in sustainable and zero-waste products and a gradual and positive policy development1. Nevertheless, the potential of hemp has not yet been fully unlocked. This year, the EIHA Conference aims to explain how – utilizing a whole-plant approach – the hemp sector could contribute towards the green recovery, reaffirming the needs in terms of policy, R&D and knowledge to put forward tangible solutions.
During two days, panelists will share ideas and best practices on hemp farming, fiber processing, and biocomposites, focusing on building strong and local value chains. Moreover, other topics such as the future of hemp foods and food supplements, the harmonization of regulations at the EU level, and industry insights on cannabinoids, technology, and cosmetics, among others, will contribute to the debate.
The “European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA)” has formed itself as an association of Hemp primary processing companies within the EU (regular members). Associate members are associations, national organizations, companies, and individuals working in the field of Hemp or other natural fibers.
Aims of the EIHA are
- To support the cultivation, processing, and use of industrial Hemp – i.e., Hemp strains that are allowed to be cultivated in accordance with EU law and the raw materials processed industrially – and its products.
- To collect important information on industrial Hemp and Industrial Hemp policy, publish data about the European Natural Fibres Industry, and establish market figures and trends.
- To give industrial partners easy access to the European Hemp Industry via the EIHA homepage. – To establish a regular exchange of information between its members and cooperate with other national, European, and international organizations and associations. – To represent the industry to EU institutions and National Ministries.
- To support communication between the National Ministries concerning EU policy.
- To provide EU institutions, National Ministries, the media, and the public with current and reliable information on industrial Hemp, develop and submit recommendations for changes to present laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines on EU and national levels.
- EIHA – The voice of the European hemp sector
The European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA) represents the common interests of hemp farmers, producers, and traders working with hemp fibers, shives, seeds, leaves, and cannabinoids. Our main task is to serve, protect and represent the hemp sector in the EU and international policy-making.
EIHA covers different areas for the application of hemp, namely its use for construction materials, textiles, plastics, bio-composites, cosmetics, feed, food, and supplements. Our network encompasses operators from 25 EU Member States and 12 non-EU countries, including members in North America and the Asia Pacific. EIHA acts on behalf of more than 250 members that represent the entire industrial hemp production chain, from seed to shelf.