Cannabis extracts have been effective in many health ailments, including depression, stress, anxiety, and insomnia. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) are psychoactive compounds that functionally affect the brain. Research and studies demonstrate the use of CBD as a sleeping aid.
What is Insomnia?
It is a common condition in which people suffer from sleeplessness. Either it is difficult to fall asleep or tough to remain at rest. Resultantly, they feel tired even after waking up. Insomnia is mainly associated with poor sleeping habits, depression, anxiety, chronic illness, or side effects of certain medications.
How can CBD oils help You?
The analysis states that only 160 milligrams (mg) dosage of CBD oils can increase sleep duration. It concluded that 5 mg of Insomnia drug, nitrazepam, and approximately 160 mg of CBD oil helped the participants fall asleep.
An introspection on the effect of cannabis was regulated by 409 participants dealing with Insomnia. They were kept under observation from June 2016 to May 2018. Initially, they were to rate their Insomnia from 1-10, with ten being the highest. The average score was calculated as 6.6.
Throughout the two years, they were undergoing CBD oil treatment. And the result was astonishing. The average score had come down to 2.2, which is a decrease of 4.4.
In an individual, the stress hormone, Cortisol, remains at its peak in the morning. But people who have Insomnia reportedly have cortisol levels highest during the night. Consequently, they face a lot of night-time awakenings and difficulty falling asleep at all.
The legalization of marijuana has helped a lot in Canadian Cannabis Research Centres. One such study was directed on the effects of CBD on cortisol levels. Interestingly, when the participants took 300-600mg of CBD oil, their cortisol levels decreased, possibly because CBD acts as a tranquilizer.
Lately, another experiment was conducted on 103 participants suffering from anxiety or poor sleep. The researchers studied the effect of CBD oil, ranging from 25-175mg, with other prescribed medicines. Initially, observation said that 25mg was the most effective dosage for anxiety, but other sleep-related issues required a higher dosage.
The investigation lasted for three months. Participants were followed up by the experts every month. In the first follow-up, the majority had shown improvements in sleep, but 25% of them reported worsened conditions. The second follow-up reported 56.1% improvement in sleep pattern, but 26.8% of the participants lacked sleep.
Hence, it concluded that CBD oils are beneficial for short-term problems.
Some CBD oils that will help you sleep better:
With the availability and popularity of cannabis, multiple CBD oil companies have started manufacturing it in Canada.
A movement of CBD oil Canada has provided its users with the best quality CBD products online. Fully organic and tested, CBD products are delivered stress-free all over Canada. CBD oils can bring a positive change to your lifestyle.
These CBD-based products are mass-produced in Canada:
- Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil Tincture: Combination of different cannabidiols with less than 0.3% THC and CBD create the maximum amount of relief in stress, pain, and sleep.
- Full Spectrum CBD Hemp Oil Peppermint Tincture: Hemp oils are the second most inquired product after CBD in Canada. The bottle contains CBD, CBN, and THCV. These vital compounds help you ease pain and have a better sleep.
- Water Soluble CBD Tincture: Water-soluble CBD ensures 5 to 10 times more bioavailability than traditional oils. 250mg of water-soluble CBD is roughly 1250ml of CBD oil.
These are available in different proportions at varied prices. Online transactions of these products are a boon to CBD customers.
Possible Side-effects of CBD oils:
- Change in appetite
- Change in weight
However, these side effects are rare, and you must talk to your medical support if side effects persevere.
Limitations of CBD oil:
- A few people have reported fatigue and mental sedation after CBD oil consumption. However, researchers believe it is due to overdosage.
- The long-term effects of CBD oil are yet to be confirmed. To date, there is no evidence of health risks at a higher dosage. But there are no sufficient studies to confirm this.
- Researchers jot down a few pointers like decreased fertilization capacity and cell viability alterations. If any such symptom manifests, it will conclude that CBD products interfere with other medications. Insufficient research persists here.
However, evidence suggests that the side effects and limitations of CBD are generally low.
Other Uses of CBD Products:
CBD products are known for their diverse therapeutic uses. Experiments are escorted about CBD oil usage in anxiety, psychiatric disorder, inflammation, nausea, and vomiting.
CBD products are accredited to cure chronic pain, high blood pressure, depression, diabetes, and such. In addition, a combination of THC and CBD, Sativex, has been used to ease people suffering from sclerosis.
Other sleeping aids that might help:
- Relaxation techniques – deep breathing, exercise, meditation.
- Sleep hygiene practices – sleeping early and waking up early, avoiding excessive use of mobile before sleep.
- Cognitive reconstruction – It is a psychotherapeutic treatment that helps to reduce maladaptive thoughts.
- Paradoxical intention therapy is a therapy in which patients are persuaded to engage in their most feared behavior.
Even after these therapies, some people require medical assistance.
When should you see a doctor?
In older adults with other medical ailments, Insomnia is common. If lack of sleep, difficulty in remaining asleep or poor sleep is prolonged, one should consult a doctor.
A doctor might suggest medications, behavioral therapies, or a mixture of both as per the severity and requirements. Even if you are suffering from the adverse effects of sedatives, you should talk to your doctor.
People dealing with Insomnia often try self-medication with CBD oils. CBD consumption is generally perceived safe, though studies suggest that its long-term effects are limited.
Evidence shows that CBD oils help to improve sleeping durations. However, more studies are yet to be administered to establish the right amount of CBD oil that supports adequate sleep in individuals.