CBD is derived from the hemp plant, a close relative to the marijuana plant, which consists of THC. As it stands, CBD is far more mysterious than marijuana, its THC-heavy counterpart. We’re still in the early stages in terms of what we know about the beneficial properties of CBD and how its effects are being studied. However, every day, more research on CBD is being conducted and released to the public. Because of this, we’re able to gauge better what industry trends you can expect for products containing CBD. Read on to learn more about what to be on the lookout for in 2021.
- Less Brand Diversity: One of the things to be on the lookout for in 2021 regarding CBD industry trends is a noticeable decrease in brand diversity. You can expect to have the less successful brands dwindle significantly while the more ethical and higher-quality brands reign supreme. There is no shortage of CBD companies trying to make a buck. The quality of the product is becoming more obvious to customers as people enjoy CBD at increasing rates. If a company is unable or unwilling to splurge on important things like domestically grown and organic hemp or third-party testing, they’re likely on the way to being pushed out of the picture by superior brands who prioritize high-quality environments to cultivate their CBD. When it comes to CBD, standards really do matter, and that’s becoming undeniable as more research makes its way to the forefront.
- More Government Regulation on CBD Products: Another trend to expect in the CBD world in 2021 is greater government regulation on CBD products. As we just mentioned, not all CBD is harvested equally, but we think this will come to a halt sooner rather than later. The lack of government regulation of CBD currently allows for subpar products to pass through and false advertisements to mislead consumers. There are plenty of brands that make unverified claims about their CBD products’ so-called ‘magical’ properties without having to back them up. Obviously, these claims lead to unhappy customers who get a totally wrong idea of CBD. We have reason to believe there will be more government monitoring of claims made by CBD companies, making it easier to invest in brands you trust.
- More Sound Research: Hemp had gotten a bad rap in the United States ever since the seventies when Nixon signed the Controlled Substances Act, lumping hemp into the same category as drugs like heroin and cocaine. For a good reason, this has hurt the ability to study CBD, making research thus far quite limited. Another trend to expect is more sound research on CBD making its way to the forefront. This will also help to weed out (no pun intended) the subpar brands selling low-quality CBD products. Not to mention, it will be eye-opening to learn the powerful effects that CBD can have on several disorders, including depression, anxiety, and minimizing the pain of those struggling with cancer. The future is bright for CBD research, and we’re on the edge of our seats, wondering what else they’ll uncover!
- Diversification of Product Forms: Something you’ve already seen quite a bit of, but that will surely be on the steady rise in 2021, is the diversification of CBD products. Because CBD is a versatile compound, it can be easily added to many different products. You’ve probably seen anything from tinctures to easily drip into your morning coffee to dog treats to chill out your wild pup, all the way to CBD chewing gum. Keep an eye out for all the innovative ways companies will play with CBD. When it comes to CBD, there’s no shortage of ideas for where to take it! Take, for instance, CBD sugar, something you can easily add to any baked goods or dishes. There is truly something for everyone, and this will keep being evident in 2021.
- An upswing in Popularity: CBD is still relatively new to the market, but it has already made a ginormous impact on it. We have great reason to believe that CBD is just getting started and will likely continue this upward motion of diehard fans as more and more people are introduced to its beneficial properties. Only time will tell, but we’re predicting even more CBD lovers to come out of the woodwork this year. Access to CBD and marijuana is constantly becoming easier for the general public to attain legally. Don’t wait! Get all the information you need for your MMJ Card Certification here.
CBD Retail Trends
Bottom line, things are looking good for CBD in 2021, and we’re very excited to watch what happens. The most important thing to keep in mind if you’re a CBD consumer is finding a brand that you trust. Don’t forget; all CBD companies are not created equally!